Pilates Matwork Training
Pilates MATWORK Teacher Training Program – Module 1 (50 Hours)
The PRAJNA Pilates Matwork Teacher Training has teamed up PhysicalMind Insitute of New York to provide a solid foundation in classical Pilates Matwork. The goal of this program is to prepare participants on how to safely and successfully instruct individual clients and group classes. This is also for individuals wanting to have the knowledge to have a well designed home practice.
This is a great course to take prior to the Pilates Apparatus Teacher Training. There are no prerequisites for the course, but previous exposure to classical mat Pilates is recommended. For individuals with yoga experience, learning Pilates fundamentals can be applied during yoga practice.
A PRAJNA Pilates Matwork Certificate is issued to instructors who attend all lectures, pass all assessments/ exam and submit the required logged hours. See catalog for full details.
Syllabus (subject to change as teacher sees fit):
- Basic Body Mechanics
- Whole Body Movement
- Balanced Muscle Development
- Rhythm (flow)
- General Anatomy
- Lumbar-Pelvic Region
- Pelvic Stability and Mobility
- Neutrality and Trunk Stability
- Building Blocks
- Fundamentals that Support each Exercise
- Foundational teaching for Successful Execution of the Exercise
- Beginner Pilates Matwork Exercises
- Intermediate Pilates Matwork exercises
- Matwork Classes
- Personal Performance
- Teaching Skills
Breakdown of Module 1 Program Hours (50 Hours):
- Lectures (see scheduled dates): 28 Hours
- Practice Teaching. 10 Hours
- Practicum: 5 Hours
- Homework: 7 Hours
Sheri Baemmert, E-RYT® 500, RCYT®, RPYT®, YACEP®, PMA®-CPT,
Certified Pilates Teacher PhysicalMind Institute
Sheri Baemmert is the owner and senior yoga and Pilates teacher at PRAJNA. She has been teaching wellness classes in 1990, yoga in 1995, and Pilates since 2001. She trained with many world renowned teachers over the years but found her Guru, Andrey Lappa, in 2011. Sheri has been studying extensively with him to learn the full Universal Yoga system. She has completed 700+ hours of Universal Yoga trainings including multiple rounds of Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3, and workshops. Sheri is honored that she will be assisting Andrey during this training and is dedicated to spreading the wealth of knowledge contained in this authentic yoga system. Sheri holds the highest qualification possible with Yoga Alliance, E-RYT® 500, RCYT®, RPYT®, YACEP®. Sheri is a certified Pilates teacher through The PhysicalMind Institute and she is PMA® Certified Pilates Teacher. Her Pilates training includes all of the apparatus, mat and standing Pilates. Sheri is also trained in Thai Yoga Bodywork.
This course is suitable for all dedicated students, aspiring Pilates teachers, and current teachers seeking additional training. This program is very demanding, both emotionally and physically. Commitment, determination and good health are basic requisites. Students must be prepared to make personal sacrifices in order to achieve 100% course attendance.
Students seeking teacher certificate must:
- Have a minimum of 3 months of Pilates or similar experience (example yoga, personal training, etc.)
- Have a passion to learn and to explore the deeper dimensions of Pilates.
- Be free of major injuries going into the program (students with minor but recurring injuries must inform the teacher of their condition).
- Be fully committed to 100% attendance.
- Module 1: $800
- Application fee: $150 (due when applying, goes towards tuition)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. You will be notified by email within 5 days of approval along with payment procedures and further details.
This program requires a minimum of 5 students.
- See catalog for full details.
The Teacher Training Program will be held at PRAJNA, 705 S. Barstow St., Eau Claire, WI 54701